Friday, March 4, 2011

Postcards from Venice

Having recently seen the film 'The Tourist' I feel inspired to go back to Venice and pay it another visit. It's such a romantic city - one of great beauty and amazing architecture. It's a city that lives up to it's picture postcard reputation. I have done all the touristy things like taken a Gondola ride on the canal, drank coffee in the Piazza San Marco, visited a Murano glass factory and taking a speed boat on the Grand Canal but there are two reasons why I need to go back. One is I never made it to 'Harry's Bar', a European institution, famous the world over. Its' elite clientele ranges from the famous to the infamous and includes not just socialites, models and rockstars but politicians and world leaders. Charlie Chaplin, Ernest Hemingway, Orson Welles and Truman Capote have all walked through it's doors. The other reason is I would like to visit during the 'Carnivale de Venise'. I think that would be a magical and enchanting experience.









Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5, 6, 7   

3 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Venice is indeed one of the most enchanted places on earth..heaven. We were at the Gritti Palace and just loved every minute. Speaking of Murano glass....you will LOVE my giveaway, not one but TWO handblown Murano glass outrageously beautiful lamps from Swank lighting!! Please stop by...thanks for posting the amazing pictures of gorgeous Venice and hope you get to go soon!
www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

Vær våken said...

Such a beautiful city!!! I have to see that movie! Have a great weekend!

xo

Sarah Klassen said...

I would love to visit Venice one day—it seems so beautiful there :)

Thank you for the lovely comment the other day, also. I hope you are having a great weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...