Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Princess Diaries

Well I must say I did love the Royal Wedding. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I think it all went along beautifully - it was an eighty million dollar extravaganza that was conducted with style,  impeccable taste and restraint. Kate looked absolutely stunning in a very classic dress that was styled on Princess Grace's wedding gown by Dior back in 1956. I think I would have liked to have seen a bigger tiara and a longer train for the future queen of England but apart from that I was happy, especially after that second kiss!



 



 
Melissah xox

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I too loved the whole affair (especially dressing up in my wedding gown and eating scones and yorkshire puddings!). But I loved the whole thing, and recognised her dress immediately as being like Princess Grace's!

xx

Aunty Belle said...

I like the side by side photos. Did Grace and Kate both carry lily of the valley bouquets?

Lucía said...

I loved it too. Who wouldn't like her wedding to be like that? We have all dreamt to wear an amazing dress and to live happily ever after with our prince. It's a dream come true, even if it's not our dream!

Melissah said...

Thanks for everyone's comments - Aunty Belle - You're right they did both carry Lily of the Valley in the bouquets. x Melissah

Sydney Steenland said...

Have not seen Grace's gown before, very very similar. She couldn't go wrong though.
Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...