Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Going Coastal

You can never go wrong using the age old classic of blue and white as a colour scheme for a beach house. White is always so crisp and fresh, and blue is a great reminder of  that the ocean is close by. I live in a coastal town but unfortunately don't have an ocean view. However, we are lucky enough to be able  to smell the salt air and hear the waves crashing at night. I have used blue as an accent colour throughout the house with lots of natural textures like cane, rattan and painted timber. We have old oars and surfboards hung on the wall (my husband's contribution to the decorating!) with lots of shells and books on beach houses. It has a lovely rustic, carefree feel about it and although we can't see the ocean we certainly feel like we live by the sea!

 




Images via Homelife magazines and My Summerhouse blog


Melissah xox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Melissa for your sweet comment on my blog the other day.

What a lovely post, I've a soft spot for blue shades.

Greetings from Antwerp.

PS. I just posted a giveaway on my blog which you might find interesting ;-)

Thea said...

Love this look. All of your blog is so pretty. I an now following you. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...