Saturday, October 22, 2011

Halloween Black Magic













Here's a little black magic inspiration for a heavenly Halloween outfit. I was looking for some inspiration for a Halloween party theme and an outfit to wear when I stumbled across these divine creations by Valentino. They are mysterious and elegant, touching on the dark side of life. The lace masks are so delicate and intricate they remind me of spider's web which adds to the fantasy. Now, unfortunately I don't have a little black Valentino number in my wardrobe but I do have a LBD that will do the trick nicely and I'll rummage around in my box of tricks for feathers, lace, black beads and sequins and see if I can breath some new into an old venetian mask I have been hanging on to. I just knew my millinery classes at fashion school would come in handy one day!   
 
{Images: Valentino Haute Couture, photography by Sofia Sanchez and Mauro Mongiello for Vogue Italia}

Melissah xox

Images via A White Carousel

7 comments:

Beach Coast Style said...

love the black masks especially with feathers and a little bling!

Annie Loveridge Interiors said...

What fabulous images! Beautifully shot and so lovely to look at. So pleased to have discovered your blogs - both are gorgeous so I'll definitely be following. Annie x.

Iben said...

OMG.:) Lovet it.

Iben

genuinstyle said...

Your blog is absolutely AMAZING! Have a great weekend :)

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post!
These dresses are amazing!
And I love the masks!

xoxox,
CC

The enchanted home said...

Wow this is a gorgeous post!! Beautiful indeed, makes Halloween seem to glamorous.

I just awarded you a versatile blogger award this morning...click on over to see. Have a great weekend!

Cherisse said...

We're on the same page sweetie! When I don't have the dress or any accessories, I tried to look at my closet and see what I have that will do the trick nicely. =) Those dresses & masks are fabulous!

Thanks for your sweet comment. I discovered your lovely blog a couple of months ago. You're blog is truly inspiring! I am learning a lot from you.

Have a good one and have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...