Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Glamour



  









"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick"

~ Audrey Hepburn ~

I always think of Christmas as a very glamorous time of year and the perfect excuse to follow Audrey's good advice and stick to all of the above - especially on Christmas Day! I grew up in a family where we wore our Sunday best on Christmas day, lunch was always very formal and the table was set with the finest crystal and silver, traditions were followed and you were on your best behaviour! Living by the beach, we are more casual than formal with a coastal mix rather than traditional feel but I still love everyone to dress up, and for the day to be a chic and stylish affair with french champagne, beautifully presented food and an air of grace! 

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 23, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
   

4 comments:

Gild and Grace said...

Loving these glamorous pics Melissah! Have a lovely weekend :)

Abbey x

Jade said...

Oh Melissa, that´s soooooooooo beautiful and magic - i loooooove all this glamour!!! Have a wonderful Christmas,

Jade

Meta Musings said...

Absolutely gorgeous images! I need to replicate that nail polish!

xx

A Very Sweet Blog said...

So many people have gotten away from the formality. I love formal affairs too. It's great if you have a large family! There's only two of us, so I don't go through all of that. Love those sparkly flats!
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...